Intervening Services (CEIS) Step by Step
State Educational Agency
Report comprehensive or voluntary CEIS funding and child data to OSEP.
For each LEA, SEAs are required, as part of the MOE reduction and CEIS data submission to OSEP, to report the amount of IDEA funds reserved for CEIS (whether voluntary or comprehensive), the number of children provided voluntary CEIS supported by those funds, and the number of children provided those services who subsequently received special education services under Part B. Starting with the 2023-24 school year, SEAs are required to report the number of children with and without disabilities who received comprehensive CEIS.
TA centers that help with reporting the MOE reduction and CEIS data submission to OSEP
U.S. Department of Education Funded TA Centers
- Center for IDEA Fiscal Reporting (CIFR)
CIFR provides technical assistance to states to help staff better understand IDEA fiscal requirements and to build state capacity to calculate, collect, and report accurate special education fiscal data, including those for CEIS.
- IDEA Data Center (IDC)
IDC provides technical assistance to SEAs to help them address challenges encountered in collecting and reporting IDEA fiscal data, including MOE and CEIS data, as part of its mission of building state capacity to collect, report, analyze, and use high-quality IDEA data.
Resources to assist with reporting the MOE reduction and CEIS data submission to OSEP
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- EMAPS IDEA Part B Maintenance of Effort (MOE) Reduction and Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) User Guide
U.S. Department of Education Funded TA Center Resources
- CIFR, IDC and NCSI. IDEA Fiscal Timeline
- IDC and CIFR. Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) Fiscal and Student Data Tracker
- IDC and CIFR. 618 Data Pre-submission Edit Check Tool – Part B MOE and CEIS
- IDC. IDEA Section 618 Public Reporting Data Element Checklist – Part B
- IDC. Section 618 Public Reporting Requirements
- PTAC. Case Study on Minimizing Access to PII and Best Practices for Access Controls
- PTAC. Early Childhood Data Privacy Resources
- PTAC. FAQ on Disclosure Avoidance
- PTAC. FAQ on Disclosure Avoidance for Early Childhood Data
Do you know of other resources that are not listed here? Contact us.