CIFR in collaboration with the National Center for Systemic Improvement (NCSI) invites states to send Part B state teams to an in-person workshop to develop written procedures in one of two focus areas:
- IDEA Part B Subgrant Allocations
- IDEA Subrecipient Monitoring
The workshop will be held in Washington, DC, October 4–5, 2023. CIFR and NCSI TA providers will share their fiscal expertise to guide state teams through all aspects of developing written state-level procedures. The workshop will include training in relevant resources, working sessions for team planning, sharing and feedback between states, and networking opportunities. Participants will leave with a well-developed draft that complies with IDEA and addresses their state’s unique systems and priorities, as well as a plan for finalizing, approving, disseminating, and updating the procedure.
Interested states must submit a completed application to CIFR by June 16. All states and territories are eligible to apply to the workshop, but space is limited. CIFR will confirm state participation by June 21.
To apply, please be prepared to:
- Send a team of at least two state staff members for the selected focus area with knowledge of their state’s fiscal practices and the authority to implement procedural changes.
- Make available nonattending staff as needed by phone or web conference to support the attending team during working sessions. This may include the data manager, other fiscal staff, program or monitoring staff, or a state director.
- Attend a pre-workshop webinar and complete preparatory work, such as examining existing fiscal processes. CIFR and NCSI TA staff are available to help the team with this.
- Ensure the team can attend the entire workshop (9 a.m.–5 p.m. ET on both days) and cover any additional overnight expenses this may incur.
- Attend an optional post-workshop session and receive support from CIFR and NCSI TA providers.
All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of each participant. Lunch and coffee will be provided each day.
Registration is now closed. Please contact your CIFR state TA Liaisons for direct support.