Part B state teams to an in–person workshop (location TBD) to develop written procedures in one of two focus areas:
- IDEA Part B Subgrant Allocations
- IDEA Subrecipient Monitoring
share their fiscal expertise to guide state teams through all aspects of developing written state–level
procedures. The workshop will include training in relevant resources, working sessions for team
planning, sharing and feedback between states, and networking opportunities. Participants will leave
with a well–developed draft that complies with IDEA and addresses their state’s unique systems and
priorities, as well as a plan for finalizing, approving, disseminating, and updating the procedure.
- All states and territories are eligible to apply to the workshop, but space is limited.
- Interested states must submit a completed application to CIFR by June 9.
- CIFR will confirm state participation by June 21.
- Send a team of at least two state staff members for the selected focus area with knowledge of
their state’s fiscal practices and the authority to implement procedural changes.
- Make available nonattending staff as needed by phone or web conference to support the
attending team during working sessions. This may include the data manager, other fiscal staff,
program or monitoring staff, or a state director.
- Attend a pre–workshop webinar and complete preparatory work, such as examining existing
fiscal processes. CIFR and NCSI TA staff are available to help the team with this.
- Ensure the team can attend the entire workshop (9 a.m.–5 p.m. PT on both days) and cover any
additional overnight expenses this may incur.
- Attend an optional post–workshop session and receive support from CIFR and NCSI TA providers.
All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of each participant. Lunch and coffee will be
provided each day.
How to Apply
- To apply for the IDEA Part B Subgrant Allocations focus area, click here.
- To apply for the IDEA Subrecipient Monitoring focus area, click here.
please contact your state’s TA liaisons.