IDEA Part B Subgrant Base Payment Adjustment Calculators
The IDEA Part B Subgrant Base Payment Adjustment (BPA) Calculators help state educational agencies (SEAs) make adjustments to the base payment portion of the IDEA Part B subgrants to local educational agencies (LEAs) when required in these circumstances:
- The creation of a new LEA (including charter school LEAs);
- The combination of two or more LEAs into a single LEA;
- The change in geographic boundaries or administrative responsibility for two or more LEAs;
- An LEA that had a $0 base payment in its first year of operation now does serve children with disabilities; and
- The significant expansion of a charter school LEA.
Calculating Base Payment Adjustments
This brief PDF introduction provides an overview of CIFR’s BPA Calculators and the two methods used in these tools. States will need to choose one of the two methods and use that method consistently.
For a detailed description of the two methods, please see CIFR’s Practice Guide: Examples of Adjustments to IDEA Subgrant Base Payments for Local Educational Agencies.
The calculators will be periodically updated. Register to get alerts of updated versions.
This Excel tool is designed to help states calculate base payment adjustments using Method A, the Individual Adjustment.
This Excel tool is designed to help states calculate base payment adjustments using Method B, the Group Adjustment.
It may be useful to download and print this PDF version of the BPA Calculator Instructions before using the tool.
The instructions are also on the “Instructions” tab of the calculator
This one-page printable PDF document provides important reminders and tips for entering data in the BPA Calculator.
Available in color and black and white.