Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) and Monitoring Use of Funds
This popular session from IDEA Fiscal Forum 2018 was repeated as a webinar. Presenters from Washington State and Michigan shared experiences tracking CEIS funds and addressed important questions that many states ask: From which year should CEIS funds be reserved? What happens when a local educational agency (LEA) that is required to use funds for CEIS does not? How do fiscal tracking systems account for CEIS and the difference between voluntary and comprehensive CEIS? Staff from CIFR and the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) reviewed technical-assistance resources on CEIS fiscal monitoring.
- Mary Ellen Parrish, Fiscal Management Coordinator, State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- John Andrejack, Supervisor of Program Finance, Michigan Office of Special Education
- Dan Schreier, CIFR Project Officer, OSEP
- Sara Doutre, Center for IDEA Fiscal Reporting, CIFR
Download the original presentation:
- CEIS and Monitoring Use of Funds. Presenters: Mary Ellen Parrish (Washington), John Andrejack (Michigan), Dan Schreier (OSEP), Sara Doutre (CIFR)